This is the documentation of an in-class Domain Mapping exercise.
Sep 7th, with Professor Jess Irish.
Top level domains:
- Public Art
- Space Design
Some design questions:
- How can I use an installation to document and reflect the traffic that passes through a space in an artistic way? I want to gain a perspective that is meaningful by synthesizing the perceived information.
- How can I use interactive artwork to influence the way people perceive a space, and generate emotional response accordingly?
- How can I test the factor that determines how likely a person is to interact with an object, what can I learn from it and how do I translate that into an artwork?
- How does something man-made --a sculpture or a machine-- live? How can I make it appear to live, breath, sleep and how should or should it not reflect human behaviors?
I then re-organized the questions into three possible design concepts, and for each one of them listed three precedents.
Reflection and revised design question:
- How do we define reality? What are the aspects of it?
- How does the physical space help or mislead us on understanding reality, and how does our senses and perception play a role in this process?